The Finance Council has been established as required by the Code of Canon Law. The Finance Council serves as advisory to the Pastor who is the agent for the public juridical person that is the parish. The purpose of the Finance Council is to be faithful financial stewards of the gifts of the congregation and to oversee the use of these gifts for the good of the Catholic community and all citizens of this world. The Finance Council, fully aware that through Baptism, Confirmation, the Holy Eucharist and all the sacraments, is spiritually prepared to carry out the mission of the Lord Jesus in proclaiming His Gospel.
The Council is established to achieve the following purposes:
- To advise the Pastor or administrator about all financial matters according to diocesan statutes and the by-laws of the parish corporation.
- To promote adequate parish revenue taking into account local traditions and circumstances.
- To review the annual financial report of the parish submitted to the Chancery.
- To prepare an annual budget covering all projected expenditures, including a separate capital improvement budget.
- To define, establish and guide goals and priorities of the parish community, its organizations, and pastoral staff so they are effective spiritually, socially and financially.
- To keep the parishioners and others in the parish informed as to studies and recommendations of the Council.
- To encourage open communication with all interested in the financial well-being of the Holy Trinity Parish community.
The Members of the Finance Council are:[table “10” not found /]