Human Dignity & Pro-Life Resources
We, the members of Holy Trinity Catholic Church & Historic St. Patrick Roman Catholic Church stand firm in the truth that every human life, from fertilization to natural death is created by God and we hope to encourage each member so that they might grow in this truth through prayer and education.
We exhort each of you to make “Every Day: A Day Pro-Life!!”
“Every human person is created in the image and likeness of God. The conviction that human life is sacred and that each person has inherent dignity that must be respected in society lies at the heart of Catholic social teaching. Calls to advance human rights are illusions if the right to life itself is subject to attack. We believe that every human life is sacred from conception to natural death; that people are more important than things; and that the measure of every institution is whether or not it enhances the life and dignity of the human person.” (US Bishops: Faithful Citizenship – Civic Responsibility for a New Millennium, 1999).
October Is Respect Life Month
Here are just a few ways Our Parishes will celebrate Respect Life Month:
- 40 Days For Life From September 25 through November 3, you’re invited to join other Christians for 40 Days for Life – 40 days of prayer and fastingfor an end to abortion. You’re also invited to stand and peacefully pray during a 40-day vigil in the public right-of-way outside Planned Parenthood (1319 N Veterans Pkwy), and also to help spread the word about this important community outreach. If you’d like more information – and especially if you’d like to volunteer to help, please contact: Stephanie Adams (309) 825-0495.We will be praying from 7am-7pm every day and we need your help to fill these hours! Please sign up at 40daysforlife.com and pick when you want to come pray! Sign Up Sheets will be available in both Churches throughout September or you can sign up online! Find More information on Facebook @40 Days for Life BloNo IL
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Protectress of the Unborn, Novena prayer begins on Sunday, September 28 through Sunday, October 6 in preparation for Respect Life Sunday. Copies of the prayer are at all the entrances of both Churches. Please consider praying this novena for the protection of the unborn and all those who work tirelessly to protect life at all stages. See Page 7 of this bulletin.
- Life Chain Sunday October 6th College Avenue in Front of Epiphany Catholic Church, 2 p.m.
- Join us for a FREE concert by Mitch McVickor, Dove-Award Winning Singer Song Writer. Sunday, October 13th 6:30 pm at Historic St. Patrick Church. Pro-life testimonials, prayer, music and a reception after! Questions? 309.825.0495
- Pennies For Life October 6 is Respect Life Sunday. Please take some time to pray for all those working tirelessly to ensure that all life remains sacred. In addition, we will be taking up our annual Pennies for Life collection. All parishioners, young and old, are invited to give a penny for each year of their lives. Proceeds go to the Family Resource Center in our diocese which promotes education on all aspects of respect for human life. The Center is located in Peoria and provides resources with a pro-life/pro-family orientation free of charge to anyone interested in their materials. The Center needs our generous support for the worthwhile work they do. Containers are located at all the Church entrances for your contributions. Thank you for your support! If you have any questions or need more information about the Center, please contact Kathy Wieland at (309) 825-2434.
- Rachel’s Vineyard Post-Abortion Retreat, a retreat for women and men struggling with the pain of abortion will be held the weekend of October 25-27, 2019 in the Peoria area. If you have suffered the loss of abortion in your family, you need not suffer alone. Start your healing journey today by attending a Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat. Registrations are currently being accepted for this weekend retreat. Rachels’ Vineyard is a safe place to renew and rebuild hearts broken by abortion. Scholarships are available upon request. All communications are confidential. For additional information, please call 309-264-1489, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please visit www.cdop.org-rachelsvineyard or www.rachelsvineyard.org.
Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Instruction Dignitas Personae (The Dignity of a Person). 2008.
Instruction Donum Vitae (Instruction on Respect for Human Life in Its Origin and on the Dignity of Procreation). Pope John Paul II. 1988.
Encyclical Evangelium Vitae (On the Value and Inviolability of Human Life). Pope John Paul II, 1995.
Encyclical Humane Vitae (On the regulation of Birth). Pope Paul VI. 1968.
Encyclical Veritatis Splendor (The Splendor of Truth). Pope John Paul II. 1993.