Spring Raffle 2017 Official Rules
- Must be 21 years of age to purchase and/or sell tickets. Only one (1) individual may be identified as the purchaser (or buyer) of the raffle ticket. Please note groups must designate a primary name, address and phone on ticket to be responsible for tax liability. You may add up to nine additional names per ticket (for a total of 10) at the time of purchase. No additional names may be added after initial ticket purchase. Tickets may be purchased by calling Holy Trinity Parish Center, by mail, or from Holy Trinity Parishioners and raffle salespersons. Holy Trinity Parish will mail a verification postcard or email to the primary registered ticket buyer once your check or credit card has been processed. Please allow at least 15 business days for your confirmation to arrive. This postcard or email is your receipt of purchase. If said notice is returned to Holy Trinity without a forwarding address, no further attempt will be made to deliver the notice. Holy Trinity Parish and its volunteers assume no liability for lost, late, misdirected, illegible or undelivered entries
- Only the first 3,000 paid tickets received by the Holy Trinity Parish will be registered. Other monies will be returned to the sender.
- In the event a minimum of 1,800 tickets are not sold by May 27, 2017, the committee reserves the right to withdraw the prizes not awarded and pay 50% of the net proceeds up to $100,000 to one winner.
- Checks or credit cards that are denied or returned for insufficient funds or other reasons will be subject to a $25 penalty and the ticket will be void until cash or a money order is received to cover said ticket.
- The primary person named on the ticket will be awarded the prize and be responsible for all taxes (Federal and State) incurred. No portion of the cost of the ticket is tax deductible. Holy Trinity Parish is required by law to report winnings of $600 and over (on all drawing winnings including the 50/50) to the Internal Revenue Service and to withhold appropriate taxes on winnings of $5,000 and over. Winners must claim possession of the prize by the following dates or forfeit the prize: Early Bird Prize: by May 27, 2017 and Main Prizes by June 30, 2017. One Early Bird Drawing will be held on May 13, 2017. Winners will be notified and prizes mailed to primary name and address on ticket.
- The seller of the Early Bird winning ticket will be awarded $500. The seller of the Grand Prize winning ticket will be awarded $2,500. In the event the seller and buyer are the same person the seller prize will also be awarded to the buyer.
- All employees and volunteers of Holy Trinity Parish are eligible to win drawings. However, Holy Trinity Parish and affiliated organizations are not eligible (examples: St. Vincent de Paul Society, school groups, Booster organizations, special fund drives, etc. are not eligible to purchase tickets.)
- Early Bird winner is eligible for the Main Drawing. For the Main Drawing, winners will be drawn from the grand prize through 40th prize. Prizes for the main drawing will be announced in reverse order. A complete winner list will be posted on www.holytrinitybloomington.org and is available by mail per request. All winners, by entering, authorize Holy Trinity Parish to publish their name and likeness on the website and for it to be used in other promotional materials by Holy Trinity Parish.